|Fair-Trade Mother's Day High Tea|
Fair Trade Fortnight happens globally with events, festivals and activities happening all around the world to celebrate the Fair Trade movement and campaign for justice in trade practices and promote sustainable environment and social responsibility.
This year Fair Trade Fortnight will be celebrated from Saturday 7th to 22nd of May. Moral Fairground has organised 4 very exciting events to celebrate Fair Trade during this time including the Fair Trade Mother Day High Tea at the Abbotsford Convent.
The Mother's Day High Tea is the first event to be hosted in Victoria during the Fair Trade Fortnight 2011 and the first of its kind.
The event will take place on 8th May 2011, at the iconic Abbotsford Convent in the Rosina Room and the Rosina Room Courtyard.
What is on offer:
• The buffet style morning or afternoon tea will be catered by the renowned Convent Bakery with a selection of delicacies; mothers will be welcomed with a glass of champagne and will be able to sip on fair trade coffee or tea throughout the day;
• Local musicians;
• A fair trade recycled card making station;
• Show Off Your Swap photo station;
• Guest Speakers: Kommaly Chanthavong Director of Phontong-CAMA Handicraft Cooperative and Lao Sericulture Company a World Fair Trade Organisation in Laos and Nicole Lamond Philp director Universal Village, Australia 100% Fair Trade Food Co.;
• Plenty of prices to give away will keep families entertained; and
• Mother Day celebrations will continue in the Rosina Courtyard where twenty five (25) fair trade stalls are expected to take part and will sell an abundance of fair trade mothers days gifts. The Courtyard area will be open for the general public to attend and celebrate; and
DIY High Tea
From it-girl gatherings and generational get-together to hen’s days and birthdays, ladies of all ages (and many a fine gentleman, too) are enjoying the company of dear friends over this wonderful revival of British tradition. Indulging in lady-like mini sandwiches and intricately decorated sweet treats from regal multi-tiered cake stands and sipping delicious organic fresh tea (or organic champagne) while donning your best dress. Very La-DI-Dah! Children can also enjoy a high tea birthday party.
Please consider supporting our efforts with a small donation between $5 to $10. Corporations can request a sponsorship package.